Get yourself ready for the walk with our hints and tips!
Getting fit for the walk
- Try meeting up with other Midnight Walk Participants to do some training walks
- Use the stairs instead of the lift
- Join a friend to walk their dog...or get your own!
- Go for a walk around the block before dinner
- Walk instead of driving short distances
- Park in a space furthest from the supermarket
On the day
- Footwear - wear whatever you feel comfortable in - most roads and pavements are tarmac. Remember you could be walking for up to 4 hours so we strongly suggest trainers, as they are comfortable with cushioning on the heel and flexion at the ball of the foot, plus mesh front so the foot can breathe. Make sure they are well worn in!
- Essential extras - food for fuel, water for hydration, waterproofs for wet weather, plasters for possible sore feet!